LEAHISM

What I see. What I hear. What I feel. What I do.

Welkom! Welcome! Selamat Datang!

Ik aanbiden deze blog in het Nederlands, Engels en Indonesisch. Ik hoop dat jij geniet ervan.

I serve this blog in Dutch, English, and Indonesian. I hope you enjoy it.

Aku menyuguhkan blog ini dalam Bahasa Belanda, Bahasa Inggris, dan Bahasa Indonesia.
Aku harap kamu menikmatinya.

My First Full Time Job

Wow!!! It has been a while I don't write something. A bit surprising as the last post was in February. Since March I work in one of research centers of UGM. In March, I was already busy especially to prepare workshop and seminar in October. In April, I was a bit busy especially early and late of April. There was my first seminar to be handled and my boyfriend came to Yogyakarta and stayed two weeks for my graduation. While, this month is not that busy I may say. So, here I am now writing something.
It's my first experience to have a full time job. The contract is only 10 months as I started in March instead of January. The first month was fine. I didn't feel bored as many things to do especially to prepare the seminar etc. But after 6 weeks, I talked to myself, "What am I doing here?" Lol!!! I found myself stuck in that office. Like a turtle in a box. It's not that working in that research institution isn't nice. But I was just shocked that I didn't go anywhere. The fact, I can't go anywhere freely.
As a person who likes traveling and can't stay longer in one place, working indoor-8 hours at the office is just unbelievable. But, for me it's still a challenge. My mom said, "Seems it's a good idea to have a paranormal to keep your feet chained." Hahaha... it's unnecessary. If I quit before December, I need to pay as much as my salary that I got per month for eacg month I leave. So, the contract is until December. If I quit two months before, I must pay 2 times my salary.
What skill do I need to improve? Writing and communication skill. At the moment I'm working on my activity report for my seminar in early April. Until now, it's still revised by the executive secretary. More than once. Twice or third I guess. And it's not done yet. I got an email "If you feel this report is too burdensome or troublesome, i can not do anything about it since this is the standard of bla bla bla bla bla, and you are a part of it." I laughed reading it. Well, I won't give up easily. If I can conquer Mt. Merapi and Mt. Sindoro, I won't give up for something which quite new for me. I've never made an activity report before, so if I made some mistakes, I won't complain about it. I don't mind for many notes I receive to make the report better. The fact, I feel more grateful for that. It enriches me...


Keep fight, Leah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment