LEAHISM

What I see. What I hear. What I feel. What I do.

Welkom! Welcome! Selamat Datang!

Ik aanbiden deze blog in het Nederlands, Engels en Indonesisch. Ik hoop dat jij geniet ervan.

I serve this blog in Dutch, English, and Indonesian. I hope you enjoy it.

Aku menyuguhkan blog ini dalam Bahasa Belanda, Bahasa Inggris, dan Bahasa Indonesia.
Aku harap kamu menikmatinya.

A Ghost Corrects My English

This post is made because of Barbecue or Barbeque?. When I posted the posting, it reminds me with one of my housemates who always corrected my English but until now I don't know him/her. At home, I was the only one who pasted a printed saying or command on the wall. The next day or a few days after I pasted the writing, there was an added writing by hand correcting my English or a comment about it. I wrote such as, "Don't throw away the tissue into the closet!" Then there was a saying "if you don't want your clothes smelly." At the beginning, I didn't understand. What is the connection between closet and clothes? Then I just laughed. In Indonesian, we mentioned "kloset" refers to "toilet" (in English). In other hand, most Indonesian mention "toilet" (in Indonesian) refers to "rest room". So, I thought "kloset" is from English, that's why I wrote "closet". But I didn't realize whether closet means "cupboard" or "lemari" (in Indonesian). Oh, stupid of me!!!

Another time, I wrote "So, somebody else don't see your shit." for another writing. Again, there was someone who corrected it. He/she wrote "doesn't. Somebody is singular." I just smiled reading the comment. The fact, I was glad there was someone who cared about me and put attention on me. It means I am still exist. hohoho... But then the funny is, the person who like to correct my English, he/she never correct my English writing on Facebook. There's a group on Facebook for the house members. Sometimes we post something there. Mostly, when I read again my posting, I find out that I make a mistake in grammar. Then I just realize my secret English teacher didn't show off to correct my English. Until now, it's still a mystery.


Ough, what an experience!!! I Love My Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment