LEAHISM

What I see. What I hear. What I feel. What I do.

Welkom! Welcome! Selamat Datang!

Ik aanbiden deze blog in het Nederlands, Engels en Indonesisch. Ik hoop dat jij geniet ervan.

I serve this blog in Dutch, English, and Indonesian. I hope you enjoy it.

Aku menyuguhkan blog ini dalam Bahasa Belanda, Bahasa Inggris, dan Bahasa Indonesia.
Aku harap kamu menikmatinya.

LDR: Communication


Everyday my Boyf and I make a contact via Skype and Whatsapp, sometimes phone. In the past, we were crazy: phone call everyday. Once my Boyf's phone bill was 600 Euro! I used provider Three to make a call, but I must call to his home phone to get a cheap price. About 10 Euro per month for 10 hours. SMS was still a king. We traded a SMS about 2-5 times a day.
On that time, I like phone call more than Skype. The reason was on Skype or Yahoo Messenger I could see clearly the time difference. It was dark in my place but the light was still bright in my Boyf's place. Even we had been online and chatted for many hours, but I like asking him to call me for 2-5 minutes on the phone before going to sleep. Just to hear his voice, closer, as if he was beside me.
Nowadays, everything is changed. Skype and WhatsApp are our fellows. Phone call becomes rare. If I don't have any internet connection for Skype, then my Boyf will make a phone call almost everyday even the duration is not that long anymore. WhatsApp replaces SMS. Anytime we make a contact.
Talking about WhatsApp, my Boyf has it first than I. I knew it in 2011. On that time, I didn't know about WhatsApp. He made a contact, swapped stories with her friends when he was in Indonesia. Even I have a smartphone, but he had no any initiative to tell something like this, "Cinta, install WhatsApp in your smartphone! Thus, we can communicate nicely (and at least cheaper). I use WhatsApp to communicate with my friendsss..." So, ja! I got no saying like that. I was (still) mad (untill now). Then, few months later I installed it with my own initiative.
While the communication technology grows faster and smarter, I feel tired with this LDR. Even technology makes distance and time gone, the six years in LDR is dullable. No matter how sophisticated a technology, but it won't replace an appearance of someone. I fell like Milow's song "Ayo Technology".
Aayooh...
I'm tired of using technology.
I need you right in front of me.

2 comments:

  1. mau teknologi kayak pintu doraemon bisa ke yayank tanpa visa :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jika ada pintu seperti itu tandanya kita tetap tidak berada di tempat yang sama. Bersama tanpa membutuhkan teknologi apapun adalah jawabannya kukira ;)

      Delete