LEAHISM

What I see. What I hear. What I feel. What I do.

Welkom! Welcome! Selamat Datang!

Ik aanbiden deze blog in het Nederlands, Engels en Indonesisch. Ik hoop dat jij geniet ervan.

I serve this blog in Dutch, English, and Indonesian. I hope you enjoy it.

Aku menyuguhkan blog ini dalam Bahasa Belanda, Bahasa Inggris, dan Bahasa Indonesia.
Aku harap kamu menikmatinya.

Misscommunication in Luxembourg and in Belgium

Weekend means vacation. Last 22nd January until 24th January 2010, my bf and I spent weekend in Luxembourg and Belgium. During that time, I had took a notice that I got 3 misscommunications:

1. In the morning when I got brekfast in my hotel, We got mediteranian breakfast; bread and ham. The problem is I don't eat pork, so the servant had an initiative to changed the meat with fried egg. I thought she made a scrumble egg but it wasn't. 1/2 cooked egg that I don't like it. It's not my favorite at all.

2. In Chinese restaurant in Echternach. Before ordering we talked with the waitress, just to chit chat. She asked whether I am Chinese or not (Am i look like a Chinese? hehehe...) I told that I'm Indonesian. Then I said that I know few words in Chinese. I mentioned che che (sister) but she thought I said cha cien (goodbye).
I told her that I ever had learned Chinese for 6 months but I can't speak at all. So, I would like to say, "it's difficult" in French. Instead of saying "c'est difficile" I said "C'est difficalt". But she thought I mentioned "certificate". So, the waitress thought that I got diploma of Chinese which is means I'm good speaking Chinese hahaha...

3. In Belgium, my bf ordered a big frites "Belgium fries" as we wanted to share. Then the waiter asked me what I order, I said "same" by also touching my bf, showed that I didn't order and I just wanted to share with my bf. But again, again and again I got misscommunication, the waiter thought that I ordered the same with my bf. So, we got two big frites instead of one hehehe...

1 comment: