LEAHISM

What I see. What I hear. What I feel. What I do.

Welkom! Welcome! Selamat Datang!

Ik aanbiden deze blog in het Nederlands, Engels en Indonesisch. Ik hoop dat jij geniet ervan.

I serve this blog in Dutch, English, and Indonesian. I hope you enjoy it.

Aku menyuguhkan blog ini dalam Bahasa Belanda, Bahasa Inggris, dan Bahasa Indonesia.
Aku harap kamu menikmatinya.

Dadar Jagung di Negeri Belanda



Gilze, 6 January 2010

At noon, Yvonne told me, "I don't know what to cook for dinner". Then, I opened buffet then I said that she still has instant bumbu
ritja
and
sajoer lodeh
that we bought in Toko Oriental in Breda. Then we decided to cook
kipritja
(ayam rica-rica) and
sajoer buntjis.
I have an idea to add dadar jagung. It has a long time I don't eat this favorite food. So, why don't I make it? I talked to myself.
At 4 pm, Yvonne and I went for shopping in supermarkt C1000. I didn't get the real corn, only corn in can. It's my first experience then, as in Indonesia i use the fresh corn. "Lets make a shot", I said. Then we started to cook at 5 pm. I cooked dadar jagung darurat. Here's the recipe:
300 gram corn
1/2 small onion
2 garlic
4 cayenne pepper
2 egg
2 small spoon sambal oelek conimex
some salt

Here, I don't use sugar as the corn is already sweet but if it's fresh corn, usually I put some sugar in it. Crushed the garlic and cayenne pepper first then corn seperately with crusher which usually I use "ulek-cuwek" to smash. also for the ingredience, I also put sambal oelek from Conimex. That's why I call it as dadar jagung darurat. Then it's time for frying. That's what I don't like in Vincent's house: there's no frying-bowl-pan (wajan/frypan). Yvonne only has griddle (wajan ceper) for frying. The next situation is I fry it until it's nice color, but inside isn't cooked well, so I cooked it longer but I got it too dark outside. Too much cooked. Oh God, disaster!!! It made me unconfident infront of his parent especially his dady. So, I called Vincent to taste it first but he said it was good. Pppffff.... I didn't believe him! He always says that my cooking is nice hahaha... (What a nice bf!!!!). Time for dinner came. The result: his parents like it a lot especially his daddy "Piet". Yeepee...
That's my cooking experience today. For the real recipe click . To know about conimex product, click \http://conimex.nl/. The Conimex website is in dutch, but inside there's some recipe for you.

Happy cooking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment